Enhance Oracle Application Expresss 5.0 (APEX) Page Designer with some features currently missing in the official release.
Xplug is a browser extension for enhancing your APEX Page Designer experience. The extension is currently available for both Google Chrome and Firefox.
To install Xplug in Google chrome, click on the below icon. You will be redirected to the Google Chrome Webstore.
To install Xplug in Firefox, click on the below link. You will be redirected to the Mozilla Webstore.
Important: If you installed the Xplug addon, but don’t see the Xplug icon in Page Designer, then you probably configured Firefox NOT to use a history. Xplug stores its settings using HTML5 Web Storage API (localStorage), which requires history to be enabled.
Firefox enable history (English)
Firefox Chronik einschalten (Deutsch)
Version 126.96.36.199 released for google chrome.
Lots of tweaks, possibility to show/hide buttons depending on user configuration, Powerbox pane with messages/search tab, some bug-fixes.
Version 1.2.0 released
Customize Page Designer Style, export/import, …
Version 1.1.0 released
Turn off tooltips, Next/previous page buttons, grid background image, set size on grid, code refactored.
Version 1.0.3 released (bugfix release)
Here’s a short list of implemented features:
- Switch panes for avoiding excessive Mouse kilometers.
- Adds a custom menu to Page Designer.
- Options are locally stored in the browser for each of your APEX 5 instances.
- Multi-language support (English, German)
- Create custom Page Designer style, export and import existing style from JSON.
- Published source code on GitHub to make use of issue tracker and allowing peer review.
Planned features include:
- Possibility for the user to add custom menu entries (with popup dialog access).
Night-mode. Dim Page Designer colours when working at night, thus preventing Eye Strain.DONE in v.1.2 Enhance navigation possibilities.DONE in v.1.1 Publish the Firefox version as official extension on https://addons.mozilla.orgDONE in v1.1
- 2015-08-25 *NEW* Refactor source code for better allignment with Page Designer and APEX APIs (e.g. make use of apex.storage APIs.)
You can read more about the creation of this plugin in my hack-a-tronik blog series:
Switch panes in APEX 5.0 Page Designer – Part 1
Switch panes in APEX 5.0 Page Designer – Part 2
Switch panes in APEX 5.0 Page Designer – Part 3
Xplug v1.2 available, some thoughts